General Introduction to 3Dchat
18 or over only, PERIOD!
3Dchat will not tolerate underage access to this site. There are dozens of virtual worlds and websites targeting the teen/tween market, this is NOT one of them. This site includes virtual pre-dating where adults on the dating scene come here to get to know each other first, prior to going on an actual date. This and other aspects of our virtual world has made us restrict the site as some of the content is meant for mature audiences and is not age appropriate for minors. Our world is comprised of VERYfied™ users that wish to associate with persons who they know are real people who are adults. All Members of 3Dchat will be checked through the VERYfy™, the premier age and gender verification system, and certified to be over the age of 18. 3Dchat will use any other means necessary used to confirm users are over 18 as well, and we strictly enforce our “when in doubt, don’t allow access” policy.
Information we have or collect
When you become a member of 3Dchat, you provide us with your name, email, gender, and birth date. During the registration process we give you the opportunity to provide additional private information, and to add a picture of yourself, to help your friends and family connect with you. Occasionally we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. Once you register you can visit your profile at any time to add or remove personal information about yourself. You can add basic information about yourself, such as information about your hometown, family, relationships, and your political and religious views. You can also add other information about yourself including your activities, interests, contact information, as well as more information about your education and job history. 3Dchat retains back-ups of all of its data for a minimum of 3 years.
We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on 3Dchat. However, we will only keep your payment source account number with your approval.
We offer tools to assist you with finding and notifying your friends that you are a member of 3Dchat, and you may elect to invite your contacts who do not have a 3Dchat account to join you. The friends inviter setting in your profile security settings.
When you share your location with others or add a location to something you post, we treat that like any other content you post and it is subject to your privacy settings.
We collect data on many of the actions you take while interacting in the 3Dchat virtual world and when you interact with 3Dchat’s website and other 3Dchat services.
Access and Browser Information
When you access 3Dchat from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit in order to configure the settings of 3Dchat to give you a better visual experience. Information regarding your IP allows us access to information such as where you are connecting from, who your ISP is and other data.
We may keep logs and/or screen shots of conversations with staff members or screen shots sent to us by users if it pertains to a complaint or dispute.
3Dchat uses common "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make 3Dchat easier to use, retain your last login date, make our advertising better and store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you visit. We also use them to confirm that you are logged in, and to retain your usage and interactions while using 3Dchat. This is a common practice nowadays, but you can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, which will impact your ability to use 3Dchat and many other websites.
We store information regarding your IP that allows us to verify various pieces of additional information like where you are connecting from, who your ISP is and other location data.
Info from 3rd party advertisers
We do get data from our advertisers with regard to your purchases, mainly for verification purposes. We do however retain that information in order to customize the advertising you see to make it more targeted to the products and services you seem most interested in.
Anyone using 3Dchat websites, applications, or services take note that personal information collected on the websites, applications, and services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which 3Dchat or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using these websites, applications, and services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Information you choose to share
We designed our privacy settings to be comprehensive and enable you to control how you share your information on 3Dchat. You should periodically review the default privacy settings to make sure they reflect your personal preferences. Be advised that the information you share or post on the pages of other members become subject to their privacy settings and you understand that it may be re-shared by them. If you set your profile to a public profile, it will be accessible to anyone on the internet, whether they have a 3Dchat account or not.
How we use your information
- We may use your information to customize your experience with 3Dchat and its advertisers.
- We may use your information to contact you with 3Dchat related announcements.
- We may use your information to serve localized adverting based on your geographic, gender, age or other specific information that can target our advertisers to more aptly suited viewers.
- We may use your information to suggest services to you or your imported contacts in accordance with your privacy settings. 3Dchat is designed for sharing with friends. We use your info in ways we feel helps you to have a more pleasurable experience, therefore we may;
- Send an email in your name when you invite a friend to join you on 3Dchat.
- Verify your information when making a purchase through 3Dchat.
- Provide search engines your information according to your privacy settings.
- To help friends search for and connect with you.
- To promote services to you according to your privacy settings.
- To send you reminders or notices according to your privacy settings.
- To target advertising to you according to your privacy settings.
- We may be required to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, including situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, instances of fraud or violations of these TOS, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- We may also share your information in confidence under a Non-Disclosure Agreement, as part of a merger or sale of 3Dchat and or its subsidiaries.
How you can edit or remove information
- You can view and edit your 3Dchat information by logging into the My Account section of 3Dchat and editing your settings, profile and privacy information.
- To deactivate and/or delete your account, simply log into the My Account section of 3Dchat and editing your settings accordingly.
How we protect your information
- We do not, and will not, distribute, rent or sell any personally identifiable information to third parties unless directed to do so in your privacy settings, other than as necessary to process your payment or take steps against fraud.
- We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We also use automated and other measures to enhance security, such as analyzing account behavior for fraudulent or otherwise anomalous behavior.
- We may limit or deny use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse.
- We may remove inappropriate content or links to illegal content, and may suspend or disable accounts for violations of our Terms of Service agreement.
Inherent risk of sharing information
Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
- Remember not only is personal information about you displayed to other visitors and members through your 3Dchat profile and in the Virtual World of 3Dchat, this same information may be available on other sites that summarize this information, such as search engines. The practice of a search engine “crawling” for information is a common practice throughout the internet and not controlled by 3Dchat. This information may include any and all data publically available in your profile, and any member-generated content you have provided or added to your account. Please be aware that like any social network, such information you display is deemed public information, may be misused by anyone accessing 3Dchat, and you should not expect privacy, safety, or confidentiality when publicizing your information.
- We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information either.
- We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information.
- We cannot ensure that information you share on 3Dchat will not become publicly available.
- We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on 3Dchat.
- Defined Term. "Us," "we," "our," and "3Dchat" refer to 3Dchat LLC and its virtual world software, together with its websites, social network and other 3Dchat software and services.
YOU ALONE ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INFORMATION YOU SHARE!
Last Updated: January 27, 2011